|Credit Union Management Coaching
Volunteers from Canadian credit unions are sharing their talents and expertise to help put an end to poverty in the developing world through CCA's Credit Union Management Coaching program. Teams of volunteers have undertaken missions to help credit unions in Malawi, Uganda, Kenya and Mongolia provide valued services and benefits to community members in need.
CCA is currently accepting applications for the
2017 Ghana coaching program!
We need six credit union professionals. Are you one of them?
Credit union coaches are well rounded and experienced credit union generalists, able to offer advice and assistance on all aspects of primary credit union management.
To be considered for this program you must be:
· a Canadian citizen or permanent resident eligible to work in Canada
· in good health
· willing to travel to remote areas and be open to rudimentary living standards
· willing to share your experience upon return to Canada
· in possession of a valid passport
Over an eleven-year period, the CCA Coaching Program has sent 118 credit union volunteers from across Canada to share their best practices with credit unions in Ghana, Malawi, Uganda and Mongolia. CCA credit union coaches wear two hats when they take up their assignments: one as seasoned professionals sharing knowledge and skills with the credit unions they visit; the other as communicators, gathering and shaping the stories they will eventually tell colleagues, family and friends when they return to Canada.
Why get involved?
There are so many reasons! Including:
- engagement and learning opportunities
- fulfilling the 6th co-operative principle “co-operation amongst co-operatives”
- opportunity to learn about credit unions in other countries – did you know that you are part of a global co-operative movement with more than 1 billion people in 96 countries who belong to a co-operative enterprise?
- learning about the challenges and opportunities of working in a credit union in the developing world
The CCA coaching program allows volunteers to be immersed in credit unions and their local communities. It provides an amazing opportunity to reinvest years of expertise in developing credit unions.
"[Thank you] to CCA for developing such an amazing program that I have seen first hand is making a difference in the lives of others" Heidi Miller, Manager, Procedures and Privacy Officer, Interior Savings Credit Union.
To apply for the Ghana coaching program, tap or click to view the application form.
If you have questions about our Credit Union Management Coaching program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our mailing list for notifications about CCA's overseas volunteer opportunities.
Also follow CCA on Facebook and Twitter for updates on this program